What is stress?
Stress is a normal phenomenon: it is what happens in our body and mind when we are subjected to pressure or aggression from our environment. According to some surveys, stress affects nearly 9 out of 10 people: it is called the ‘illness’ of the 21st century. Symptoms can be numerous: muscle aches, headaches, dizziness, nausea, fatigue and sleep problems, among others. Stress can have both positive and negative effects. On the one hand, it can motivate us to take action and help us perform under pressure. On the other hand, it can lead to problems if it is not managed properly.
CBD and stress
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a molecule found in the cannabis plant. Unlike its cousin THC, CBD does not have any psychoactive effects. In other words, it will not make you ‘high’. On the contrary, CBD has been shown to have various health benefits, including reducing anxiety and relieving pain. Several studies have looked at the effect of CBD on stress. A study published in 2019 in the journal Frontiers in Pharmacology tested the effect of CBD on rats subjected to various stressful situations. The results showed that CBD was able to reduce the symptoms of stress in these animals.
A more recent study, published in 2020 in the journal Neuropsychopharmacology, looked at the effect of CBD on humans. The study included 24 participants who were subjected to a public speaking test. This is a well-known test that is known to induce stress in people. The results showed that CBD was able to reduce the symptoms of stress in these participants.
So, how can CBD help you deal with stress? Here are 5 ways CBD can help:
1. Use CBD oil: CBD oil is one of the most popular ways to take CBD. It is easy to use and can be taken in different ways. You can take it sublingually (under the tongue), or add it to your food or drink. Start with a low dose, and increase it gradually as needed.
2. Use CBD capsules: If you don’t like the taste of CBD oil, you can try taking CBD capsules instead. Capsules are easy to take and provide a precise dose of CBD. They are also a good option if you want to take a higher dose of CBD.
3. Use CBD edibles: CBD edibles are a fun and easy way to take CBD. They come in different shapes, sizes, and flavors. Start with a low dose, and increase as needed.
4. Use CBD topicals: CBD topicals are applied directly to the skin. They are a good option if you want to target a specific area of the body. Start with a low dose, and increase as needed.
5. Use CBD vape: Vaping is one of the quickest ways to feel the effects of CBD. Start with a low dose, and increase as needed.
We offer a wide range of products that are designed to suit your needs. Hit the button below to reduce your stress now!